About Me

My photo
I am a regular girl with regular thoughts and feelings. Sometimes, I want to express them. I have discovered an outlet that allows me to do just that and you've found it. Ready or not. . .welcome to the mind, heart and soul of Shannon.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rocket Science?




I have a friend and her husband is a rocket scientist...literally. The old phrase "It's not rocket science.", speaks to the difficulty of that particular job. It is used to refer to something that is, or at least should be, easier than the science of rocket ships.

I started thinking about this concept in the realm of relationships this week. We act like being in a relationship with someone is so difficult, but the truth is, it doesn't have to be. If you pay attention, even at all, the other person will tell you exactly how you need to handle/act/react to them.

Within every conversation we have with a loved one, especially the disagreements or misunderstandings, they leave tips and tricks for us. How they like to be treated, how they need to be handled, and what they need, in general. If we would just pay attention, and use the information that is being handed to us, relationships wouldn't seem so confusing and complicated. Sometimes, the tips are subtle and you have to really look for them. Other times, they are literally told to you from the horse's mouth. Either way, we are practically given a manual for everyone we are in a relationship with.

The problems arise when we choose to disregard the information we have, and react with our own agenda in mind. This NEVER works. Unfortunately, we all do it. Selfishness abounds.

Pay attention to your loved ones and they will tell you what you need to know. Hopefully, they will do the same for you. When everyone tunes in to the other's feelings, wants and needs, relationships will be much less complicated. It's not rocket science, people!!

Become a rocket scientist of relationships? Don't mind if I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment