To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven
I have been experiencing the turning of a season in my own life lately. God brings people into your life for a reason. Every single person that comes in touch with you, is there for a purpose. Some are there for a long, extended period, others are fleeting. Regardless of the amount of time they are in your life, make no mistake, there was a reason. We are on this earth, by God's design, to help one another. To be there to laugh, cry, be angry, be sad, encourage, protect, teach, learn, be still...all with one another.
Friendships are important. To know you have someone that you can count on, and that they will return the favor, is one of life's greatest gifts. A true friend that loves you in spite of your shortcomings. No friendship is perfect...we are all human, afterall. However, it's how you come out of the imperfect times that really show the strength of a friendship. I have very few of these friends, but the ones that I do have, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, they will ALWAYS be there for me, and have been. I cherish these.
There are times that the season of a friendship comes to an end. Sometimes people grow apart, or they can't/don't get past one of those imperfect times. Either way, when the season of a friendship turns, it can be painful...it HAS BEEN painful.
Here's the good news: Because God designed us to have seasons in our lives, He usually doesn't end a season without starting a new one. He has done that for me this week, and I love how He takes care of ALL of the details of life. This week I have strengthened friendships that I already had formed, took a friendship to a much deeper level, and made a new friend, that I hope and pray will have a very long season in my life.
Where there is sorrow, confusion, sadness and hurt feelings, The Lord turns it in to joy. Thank you, Lord, for meeting my needs before I even know I have them, and changing the seasons of my life, in Your timing.
Praise Him through the turning of my seasons? Don't mind if I do...

No comments:
Post a Comment