About Me

My photo
I am a regular girl with regular thoughts and feelings. Sometimes, I want to express them. I have discovered an outlet that allows me to do just that and you've found it. Ready or not. . .welcome to the mind, heart and soul of Shannon.

Monday, December 2, 2013

And...Scene



This week I am moving out of my apartment.  In a couple of days, as a matter of fact, and although my future is bright and exciting, I find myself strangely nostalgic and slightly sad at the impending move.  I actually teared up earlier, when I started thinking about it.

I have lived in this place for almost four and a half years.  That's a long time.  Much has happened here.  Some good, some not so good, some amazing, some horrible...

The truth of the matter is, I found myself in this place.

When I moved here I was lost...so very lost.  My life was changing in every sense of the word.  It was a change that was needed, necessary, and of my doing, however, I was completely alone...and lost.  Over the years in this apartment, I have laughed, cried, oh...so many tears, fought, loved, lost, faced things, worked through things, let things go, repaired relationships, repaired myself, prayed...more hours than I could count, sat alone...sometimes by choice, sometimes not, felt loss, finally felt loved and truly loved in return, found friends, found a career...found MYSELF!

In three more days, I will leave this place.  I will leave behind the negativity and the loss that I experienced here.  The memories will remain, but hopefully, in time and with new surroundings, the bad ones will fade.  I will take with me the happiness I found, the future that I discovered, and best of all, I will take me.  The new me.  The best me I have ever been.  I will take me and find the future that God has laid out for me and my family.  I can not wait to see what this new chapter will bring and the life I am about to embark on.

Thank you for the memories, apartment....it's been real.  Now, I gotta go.  My future awaits me.  *Cue more tears...*

Close this chapter and open the book of my future?  Don't mind if I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment