You know what I think is funny? I think it's funny when people tell you that you're wrong if you don't do exactly what they would do in any given situation...or act how they would act...or respond as they would respond. What's even more humorous than that? When they tell you that you are "creepy and weird" or "abnormal", for the same reasons. I'm sorry, but last time I checked, just because I don't do what "everyone" else does, does NOT make me wrong. I stand by my belief system, and I won't be bullied, guilt ed or made to feel "creepy and weird" or "abnormal" to satisfy anyone else. I'm just me...love it or leave it.
My mom always told me..."When someone says something about you, take what is true, and throw the rest out." Good advice!
To whom it may concern: You think I'm "creepy and weird" or "abnormal" because I don't do what you want me to do or what "everyone" else does? Let me know how that works out for you. On second thought, don't.
Embrace "creepy and weird" and "abnormal" to BE me, FOR me? Don't mind if I do...

The ability to "be yourself" in every life situation is for some, difficult and for others, impossible. For Shannon it appears that her ability to be herself and stand firm in her beliefs, comes both naturally and is completely genuine. Her sense of self is not only beneficial for her, but a blessing for the people that are fortunate enough to know and love her. The person that called her "creepy and weird" should be ashamed of themselves and quite obviously is clueless about who Shannon is.
ReplyDelete